Only 6 canditates remain fighting for the £100,000 per year job working for Sir Alan Sugar which means there are no boardroom choices left anyone, you loose the task, your in the boardroom – simple !
The fight this year is closer than ever, mainly because the candidates are all not as strong as previous years, and in my opinion some of the best people (Phil and Ben) are already gone !
So who’s left then ?
Debra Barr a Senior Sale’s consultant
Debra, is loud, brash and outspoken something which Sir Alan usually likes but in this series he has given her a dressing down on more than one occasion, Debra has no chance of winning this competition but a sure runner for at least the semi final stages
Howard Ebison a Retail Business Manager
What is the point of Howard? Quiet, un-resourceful and boring…. I am sorry Howard but your days in this competition are numbered.
James McQuillan a Senior Commercial Manager
Sir Alan wonders if a village somewhere is missing their idiot. From the start of the competition I did think James for a sure fire candidate for getting fired, but now I am not so sure, he is the dark horse and I think my favorite to win the competition.
Kate Walsh a Licensing Development Manager
A ruthless bitch who jumped into bed with Phil then dropped him like a stone to save herself in the boardroom, a runner for the semi finals but not a winner in my eyes – smart girl though.
Lorraine Tighe a National Accounts Manager
Lorraine, is a sure fire candidate for the finals, always in the winning team, always making the correct decisions but I cannot stand her !! She boils my blood – GET HER OUT !!
Yasmina Siadatan a Restaurateur
A don’t really know what to say about Yas, I have not really been watching her to closely but she has made it this far !
Here are a few more updates from the boleg brothers on youtube to refresh your minds on the last two weeks
I love the weather, I’ll take it any way it comes, sun, snow (fun) rain and wind and I will enjoy it for what it is !
What really annoys me is when people moan about the weather…. its to hot, its to cold, ohh snow – its not good for driving, more than this I really hate when people moan about the rain ! Oh if it wasn’t raining…… if it wasn’t raining then what, you would still be sitting in the bloody house !!
Anyone who know’s me, know’s that if I plan a BBQ the weather is the last thing on my mind and that the show will always go on ! Remember the BBQ in the gale force winds ? The gizebo took off but everyone still got fed !
Ewan McGregor, now there is a smart man he said ‘never let it rain in your head’ its a good point, your skin will dry but when the rain gets inside your mind it will depress the hell out of you !
Anyone, one thing I can guarantee is that there will defiantly be more weather so be it rain, snow, hail, sun then just get on with it, wear appropriate clothes and start living your life !!
Its just a thought !
The governments scrappage scheme is well under way, with all the dealers shouting about the fact you can bin you old car and get an automatic £2,000 saving on a new one.
I spoke about it at the time and said that “I think that this scheme is not only bad for the car business, but it is also bad for the consumer and the wider ‘old car enthusiasts’ like myself.”
A few people I know seemed to think that this was nonsense and that people would not be trading in their DB5’s or Bentleys for £2,000 off but those were not the cars I was referring to, I was referring to the classics of the future, the 80s cars that broke everyone’s hearts and pockets but you would give your right arms to own again now.
Following on from that statement I did a quick search to find the top ten cars that I think are worth holding onto and saved from the scrapper.
1. MK1 Golf
2. Mini Cooper
3. GT Metro / Metro GTa
4. VX Nova (GTE and GSI)
5. Fiesta XR2
6. BMW 5 series
7. Mazda MX5
8. PUG 205 GTI
9. Jeep Wrangler
10. Porsche 944
11. Williams Cilo
12. Toyota Starlet GT Turbo
OK, so there is 12 cars here, when I started writing this post a number of weeks ago I had 20 and tried my best to cut them down, but ten was to tough The point here is that there a lot of good cars under £2000. Classics and future classics, so go out and start buying !!! ………. before its two late
If you are a complete numbers and statistics geek like me, then you will find these numbers put together by Patrick Bryan extremely interesting, if not a tad frightening !
• £84m is the interest the Government has to pay each day on the UK’s net national debt of £743.6bn. This is projected to rise to £118m a day (£43bn) in financial year 2010 – 2011.
• Total UK personal debt at the end of March 2009 stood at £1,459 billion.
• Total consumer credit lending to individuals over the last 12 months ending March 2009 was £232 billion.
• Average household debt in the UK is £9,280 (excluding mortgages). This figure increases to £21,580 if the average is based on the number of households who have some form of unsecured loan.
• Average owed by every UK adult is £30,475 (including mortgages).
• During March 2009 Britain’s personal debt increased by £1 million every 50 minutes.
• 3,000 people made redundant every day and 1 in 33 people currently in work are expected to become unemployed in 2009.
• 1 property repossessed every 10 minutes.
• 1 person declared bankrupt every 4.5 minutes.
• 33,600 applications for credit have been turned down every day during the past six months.
• Citizens Advice Bureaux deal with 7,241 new debt problems every day.
• A recent poll conducted by the Resolution Foundation found that nearly 3 million people earning between £12,000 and £27,000 per year worry ‘all the time’ about their
• We work the first 83 days of any given year just to earn enough money to service the interest on our debts
• Total credit card debt in March 2009 was £53 billion.
• The UK collective credit limit on credit cards is £158bn, which is an average credit card limit of £5,129 per person.
• The average interest rate on credit card lending is currently 17.6%, which is at least 17.1% above current base rate.
As the apprentice series 5 heats up, here is a quick recap of the last episodes….
via the Boleg brothers on youtube
I think Ben will go right to the end !
Have you even done anything this year to make you feel proud ?
The opportunities are out there, and there are people that need your help !
Do something ! Now is good !